I’ve lived in Cebu for almost a decade now, and I am still learning new things about this interesting city everyday. This part of the blog is my attempt to get to know more about Cebu: where to eat, dine, go out and party. To find Cebu’s hidden gems and obscure spots before they become lost forever. I need to be a comfortable fish in my chosen waters.
This list is constantly being updated!
Activities Around Cebu:
- Salsa Nights – every Wednesdays and Sundays at Maya Mexican Restaurant and
- Slogos Nights at Sprockets Cafe Talamban – every Fridays 9:00PM to 11:00PM
- Trivia Nights at Alejandro’s / Politics Bar – every Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:00PM to 11:00PM
- Tabletop Nights – fancy board games? Find the board game community playing together every Mondays at Bubble Bee Teahouse.
- Exit Now – for a different kind of night with the gang, this is a thrilling real-life escape game with five different themes. Exit Now is located in Times Square, Mandaue
Fit Around Cebu:
- Salsa – Cebu Salsa Club at Epic Cebu, Escario and AS Fortuna Branch (Oakridge)
- Pilates – Pilates Fit in City Sports Club
- Yoga – YogaHub in Banilad Town Center, Surya Nanda in Escario. My favorite yoga teachers are Blanne from Yogahub and Claire from Surya Nanda!
Eats Around Cebu:
- 10 Dove Street Confectionery – for pastries, desserts and cakes set in vintage candy shop interiors
- Gibbs’ Hot Wings – best hot wings in town and a great selection of beers
- Ampersand – for classy European food, wines and cheese
- The Suite Room – their ice cakes are to die for.
- Marissa’s Kitchen – famous cakes and pastries by Marissa Unchuan. She is most known for her customized and wedding cakes.
- Tatang’s Boneless Lechon
- Hamakaze Ramen – personally I consider them to have the best ramen in town, located in AS Fortuna
- Cherry’s The Spice – formerly The Ranch along Banilad Rd, it has now transformed into an Indian restaurant. It took me months to find a truly authentic and good Indian place, and am happy to have discovered this place–and it’s so close to our place
Partying Around Cebu:
- How to Party in Cebu – Complete Guide to Cebu Nightlife
- The Sentral – first all hiphop and r&b bar in town
- LIV – biggest superclub in Cebu
- Ibiza – oceanview lounge bar with a perfect view of the sunset in Movenpick Hotel and Resort
R&R Around Cebu:
- Japanese Tea Lounge – located in J-Centre Mall, they offer wonderful tea and a free massage. They also have sparkling body jewelry or tattoo.
- Wat Pho Thai Massage
- Imperial Spa
Tourist Spots Around Cebu: